Pakistan traces its history back to 2,500 years B.C., when a highly developed civilization in the Indus Valley, excavations at Harappa, Moenjodaro, Kot Diji and Mehr Garh have brought to light, the evidence of an advanced civilization existing even in more ancient times.
Pakistan is a Peaceful country with oldest civilization in the world
The Islamic Republic of Pakistan is situated between 24.50 and 36.75 latitude north and 61 to 75.5 longitudes east. It is located in the mountaineous region adjoining central Asia and Middle East. It is the world’s 36th largest country with an area of 796,096 sq km.
Pakistan On The World Map
8,03,940 Sq.km (including FATA and FANA).
Pakistan is located between 23 degrees.30 North to 37 degrees North latitude and 61 degrees East to 77 degrees East longitude. China lies in the north of Pakistan while Afghanistan and Iran are in the West of it. India lies in the East and the South is the Arabian Sea.
Geographical Location Of Pakistan
- China: There is 600 km long territory of Pakistan along the border of China. Both countries have political, cultural and trade relations with each other. A road through Gilgit and Hunza goes to Kashmir, a city of China. This road has been made culling the hard rocks of mountain Karakoram. There is a close cooperation between the two countries in heavy machine industry and many other departments. Silk, cloth, machines etc are imported from China.
- Central Asian Islamic Countries: Pakistan has religious, cultural and economic relation with the central Asian Islamic countries. Pakistan is the only country that provides them the nearest sea route and transport facilities. These countries lie in the North West of Pakistan.
- Afghanistan: Afghanistan is situated to the West of Pakistan. When the English got the control of sub-continent, according to a pact with Afghanistan in 1893, the permanent border between the two countries was marked which is called Durand Line.
The border marked with red is the Durand line.
- Iran: To the west of Pakistan is the border of Iran along province of Balochistan. It is our Islamic brother country. It was the first country which recognized the existence of Pakistan in 1947. Iran has made political and trade pacts known as R.C.D. Its name is ECO which means Discipline for Economic Cooperation. Iran openly helped Pakistan during the wars of 1965 and 1971. These both countries possess very good relationship and Pakistan proves its friendship with Iran in every hour of need.
Pakistan and Iran flag
- India: India is a hindu country in the East of Pakistan. There is a common border of 1600 km in between these countries. Both countries are trying to solve their problems including Kashmir. Due to this enmity, wars of 1948, 1965 and 1971 have been fought between the two countries. The relations between the two countries are not cordial.
Wagha border between India and Pakistan
Trade Through The Arabian Sea:
Arabian Sea is in the South of Pakistan. Its coastline is 1046 km long. It links Pakistan with Arab countries and International politics. It also helps in trading between east and west countries.
Importance of geographical location:
The location of Pakistan is not only unique in the world but of special importance in South Asia. Pakistan links the east with the west and is a source of doing trade through many different parts of the world.
Collected and prepared by Mehak Iqbal